Organic Calendula Salve
- Homemade organic calendula salve, packed in a 2-ounce tin and ready to heal your skin
- Ingredients: Calendula flowers, sweet almond oil*, sunflower oil*, USA beeswax, shea butter*, lavender and chamomile essential oils* (*= certified organic)
- Allergy Warning: This salve contains sweet almond oil, a tree nut.
- Use calendula salve to soothe dry or irritated skin, including for eczema, rashes, burns (including sunburn), bites, stings, scrapes, scars, psoriasis, chapped lips, cracked cuticles, cradle cap, diaper rash, razor burn, rough elbows and feet, or dry hands.
- Free shipping within the US; $8 shipping to Canada. Please note other items ordered (e.g. sourdough starter, shirts) may arrive in separate packages.
- Our website only accepts PayPal for payment. However, if you prefer to use Venmo, please contact me at [email protected] and we’ll make it happen!
- See more details about our salve making process, healing benefits, disclaimers, and returns below.
Out of stock
Our organic salves are made with love, with an emphasis on quality ingredients and a slow and low (heat) process from start to finish ~ to preserve the medicinal properties of each component to the maximum extent possible. The final result is a highly moisturizing natural salve, packed in a 2-ounce tin and ready to heal your skin.
Calendula flowers, sweet almond oil*, sunflower oil*, USA beeswax, shea butter*, lavender and chamomile essential oils* (*= certified organic)
Allergy Warning: This salve contains sweet almond oil, a tree nut.
Uses for Calendula Salve
Calendula salve works its magic by promoting cell repair and growth, coupled with its natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Apply calendula salve to irritated or dry skin, including on rashes, bites, wounds, stings, acne, scrapes, bruises or swelling, burns (including sunburn), cold sores, chapped lips, cracked cuticles, rough elbows and feet, or dry hands for general moisture. Calendula is known to help ease eczema and psoriasis, and also safely soothe cradle cap and diaper rash. I find it very soothing after shaving, to prevent or treat razor burn. Last but not least, calendula salve can also lessen the appearance of varicose veins and soften scars.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. For external use only.
The calendula used in this recipe is organically homegrown. We harvest whole flower heads daily at their peak freshness (and highest medicinal content) and dry them “low and slow” – on a living foods setting and never exceeding 105’F. Whole dry flower heads are then steeped in high-quality certified organic oils (described below) over several weeks using the solar infusion method. The highest concentration of medicinal resins are found in the green bud of the flower, not only the petals – whole flower is best!
This salve is created with calendula-infused organic sweet almond and organic sunflower oil. Sweet Almond Oil is a powerful moisturizer for dry and sensitive skin, including baby skin. It works to reduce excess sebum, inflammation, scars, dryness, eczema, and acne. Sweet almond oil can also lighten skin tone, dark circles, and support an even complexion. Sunflower oil is great for both dry, irritated skin or oily, acne-prone skin alike. It is gentle, lightweight, and will not clog pores. It is also highly moisturizing and healing, high in Vitamin E and oleic acid (omega 9 fatty acid) that provide natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It easily absorbs into the skin to lock in moisture, soothe and soften skin.
Shipping and Returns
Free shipping within the US; $8 shipping to Canada. Sorry, we can’t accept returns for change of heart. If there is an issue with your order, please contact us. Ships via US First Class Mail. Please note other items ordered (e.g. sourdough starter, shirts) may arrive in separate packages.