Easy Garden Tzatziki Sauce (Cucumber Yogurt Dip)
Come learn how to make classic tzatziki sauce with yogurt, cucumber and herbs. It's bright and refreshing, quick and easy to make, and compliments a wide variety of meals - including falafel, pita bread, veggies, burgers, wraps and more!
- 2 cups plain whole-fat Greek yogurt to make vegan, substitute with thick unflavored vegan yogurt alternative
- 1 whole English cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh dill sub with fresh mint or parsley if desired
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh-squeezed, if possible
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp red wine, white, or apple cider vinegar optional
- 1 Tbsp olive oil drizzle over at serving
Wash and shred the cucumber using a box cheese grated or food processor. (Peel at least partially if not using thin-skinned English cucumber. Otherwise, leave unpeeled). Set grated cucumber in a colander to drain.
Combine yogurt, chopped dill, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and optional vinegar in a bowl.
Gently press and wring out the shredded cucumber to remove excess moisture, then add it to the sauce bowl.
For the best flavor, refrigerate at least 1-2 hours to overnight before serving to let the flavors meld.
Enjoy! Drizzle with olive oil at the time of serving.
Store in the refrigerator in a glass container with airtight lid. Use within 5 days for the best quality.